Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hello Everyone Again :)

Hey Friends and Family!! :)

Well, first of all. I'm so happy that my Grandma is doing better and receiving strength after her surgeries. I know it can't be a great time in my family's life right now and especially for my Grandma and Grandpa to go over this process again for the 3rd time now. 

I didn't find out what had happened until about 15 minutes ago, but I felt that my family had been having a very hard time in their life. And I was out of sync the entire morning on Thursday morning and wondered what it could have been. I went back to our apartment where I have a picture of our family and our grandparents in a frame from my brother's temple marriage. I looked at them and felt like they needed help. I looked at my grandma and felt that she needed strength. So I I went up stairs and cried for my family to our Lord. I cried that they would be strengthened and their burdens can be made light and that they can feel the love which Heavenly Father has for them. After reading my family's emails I know that it was an inspired plead to our Heavenly Father to help my family with their trials. I hope and pray that you all felt the love which I wanted you all to feel and the comfort of the Holy Ghost and the love of our Savior in this trying time in everyone's life.

One of my favorite scriptures is from Alma 7:11 that has comforted me every time that I feel weak on my mission or that I need strength from my Savior. I know that this scripture applies to what is happening right now for our family and the strength that they need in their lives right now as well. The scripture says "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith HE WILL TAKE UPON HIM THE PAINS AND SICKNESSES OF HIS PEOPLE." 

I don't know what my grandparents are feeling, I have no idea what my brother, sister, mom, dad, aunts, uncles, and cousins are feeling through this ordeal. But I know that our Savior knows. I know that through Him that we can be comforted. That we can have peace. And only through Him can we have the sicknesses and trials be made light in our lives so that it will be as if the trails don't even exist. I know that he is our Savior and Redeemer. And through Him we don't have to have feel the temporal pains and afflictions that we're subject to in this mortal journey of ours. This knowledge has helped me time and time again in this mission. I have overcome trials and hardships in my life that I wouldn't have been able to get over with out our Savior. He is willing,  waiting and anxious to help us with our burdens as soon as we learn to exercise faith in Him and His atonement by pouring out our hearts and souls to Him in sincere and heart felt prayer. To literally cast our problems upon Him. I PROMISE that as we learn to do this in our lives that we will no longer feel the pains of the trials that we have in our life. We will no longer feel the pain that we have, both physical, spiritual, and mental. I KNOW that this is true. I am a living witness of the truth that our Redeemer still lives and that he will support and help us in these times. Don't be scared or worried, rely on Him and He will be there. I PROMISE that this is true. I love and I REJOICE in this knowledge.

I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about my week. It wasn't too exciting anyways :) haha But everything is still going great here :) My Tagalog is going up so much and I LOVE working with Elder Angolluan|! But mostly I love serving the Lord!! I love you all!!! I'll continue to pray for you all! :)

Love you!!

Elder Oslund

PICTURE DESCRIPTIONS FROM ELDER OSLUND:

Enjoy!!! The zoo in the Philippines!! Not really, just and investigators house haha
 







No comments:

Post a Comment