Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Too happy!! :)

Hey everyone!!!

So this past week was one of the best weeks of my life!! I love Elder Gamboa so much! I've never had so much fun in my life! It all just came down to accepting each other's differences and loving each other no matter what. And I have never, ever, ever loved someone as much as I love my companion and the people whom we serve here in Vigan. It was one of the best weeks ever! 

Being in an area with a companion that you love and an area you never want to leave from is the most amazing feeling. If I could, I would live in Vigan forever. This place has it all! I've never had so much fun in my life than being in Vigan! Being able to go to the mountains, go to the beach (on P-Days :)) and just being able to teach all the people here has been the best experience I've ever had in my life. :) I love it so, so, so much here :)

This past week was really simple but really fun. Despite all the fun we've been having, we're getting A LOT of work done. We had 40 lessons this week (The most since I've been on my mission) and we have the Baro baptism coming up this next Sunday and their confirmation the following Sunday!! It couldn't be any more amazing than what it is right now in our area :) We have the best area in the mission hands down :)

It was so much fun to teach lessons this week and especially to the Baro family to help them get ready for their baptism! It's going to be the happiest day of my life when we get to see them in their baptismal clothes with their two kids in their arms after realizing what they have been going through as a family. The most amazing thing to see as a missionary is to see how people change their lives after gaining a knowledge of the truthfulness of the restored gospel. And it has been one of the purest joys of my entire life to see how the Baro's have changed and not only them, but myself as well. I can say now that I am TRULY converted to Christ and His gospel :) It's been the greatest joy I've ever received since being in the Philippines :) I've never, ever, ever loved people as much as the people that I've been around these last few weeks. The Lord has blessed my life in degrees unimaginable and I feel that this missionary service is a small token that I'm paying for the love and the blessings He has constantly showered upon me. I cannot possibly thank Him enough! :) 

Anyways, I love you guys so much and I hope this email helps people understand how much I love I love my calling as a missionary here in the Laoag mission! It's been amazing and it will only continue to get better! :)

I love you guys!!! 

Love,

Elder Oslund

No comments:

Post a Comment