Thursday, August 6, 2015

What a wild week!

Hey guys! 

So this won't be long because we have A LOT of things we still need to do for tomorrow but I just want to let you know that I'm doing okay now! I had a pretty rough time in Laoag these past two days with having a really high fever that almost put me in the hospital but I'm okay now thankfully :) I'm really grateful for a loving companion to take care of me and for him giving me a priesthood blessing so I can return to my calling as a missionary because let me tell you, it was not a fun time in Laoag haha. But after the priesthood blessing Elder Gozon said "I bless you with a speedy recovery." After that I fell asleep for about 8 hours and my 105 degree fever was gone by the time I woke up at 5 in the afternoon. It was a miracle indeed :) It's as if nothing happened in the first place. :) I'm so grateful for the priesthood! It saved me from having a very bad week for sure.

But right now we're just preparing all of our trainings for tomorrow's Zone Training Meeting at the Lal-lo chapel which will be my first training on my mission. I'm excited for it. I prepared myself very well for it despite being sick so it'll be good I think :) I love being in Aparri zone. It's one of the hardest zones to be a zone leader in because it's so far away from the mission home and it;s one of the missions biggest zone so if something goes wrong, it's only us that can fix it immediately, because there will be no back up for at least 9 hours. So yeah, we're a pretty long way out from the mission home. I'm grateful for the Lord's trust in putting me here though. It's a big responsibility for sure but I love it. There's a reason why I'm called here with out a doubt :)

As for everything else, Lal-lo is the best! The members are awesome as you probably saw from my picture this week haha but I'm just really blessed being able to be here in Lal-lo. It's like an extended family of Magapit :) It's so much fun! I love it!

Elder Gozon is the best. When I was sick he didn't even leave my side, he made sure that my body temperature would cool down and he took every precaution in helping me gain strength again. It was one of the hardest two days of my mission because of that fever which was suspicion of Dengue but he helped me through it all. He's a great example to me of Christ-like service and loving to his companions. And it wasn't just him either, all the Elders in Laoag stayed by my side the entire night to make sure I was doing alright. I'm just very very grateful for them and just reflecting on that makes me realize just how special the Elders in this mission really are. I'm so grateful to be around such amazing people! 

As for everything else, it's the same old same old, just planning and coordinating with our leaders about missionary work now which is kind of new but very exciting. It's very exciting to be able to do this work right now :) I love it! But we have to go now to get ready for our training tomorrow! I wish I could update you all more but time is short. I love you all! I hope you have a great week :) I'll talk to you again shortly :)


Elder Oslund

No comments:

Post a Comment